We have put the celebrations on hold until we return to Shrewsbury House.
Today it was a day to remember summer holidays.
- C – learnt to paddle board in Greece. Recently also on Romney Marsh Lake. She’s hoping to do more maybe at Danson Park.
- G&M – had a coach trip to Scotland and became friends with a couple from South Africa. They flew to South Africa where they had a wonderful time and went on safari for 5 days.
- L – in Ireland with a friend going on holiday to Turkey. They had to drive to Belfast, but her friend went the wrong way and then nearly ran out of petrol!
- C – when young, her brother broke his leg falling off a wall just as they were about to go on holiday. They didn’t drive at that time as her Dad worked on the railway. It was a bit of a palaver getting to Butlins and then they all caught a tummy bug. She has never been again.
- R – paid 61 euros for a trip to the Blue Lagoon and he was the only one there.
- A&G – had a relaxing holiday last week in Cornwall.
Gyda – holidaying in Egypt riding camels and quad bikes in the desert as well as visiting the pyramids.
Gyda had rays of sunshine for our craft today.
Janet’s bumper joke bundle:
Janet had us singing and dancing to “Summer Holiday” by Cliff Richard, “Is this the way to Amarillo” by Tony Christie & “Ring of Fire” by our man Tony.
Gerry on “Summer Holidays”:
Gerry is always keen to give us an appropriate poem.
A quiz with answers beginning with “A”:
- A beaded counting device
- Hawaiian greeting
- Chinese treatment with needles
Lynne is always the consummate quizmaster.
Gyda ran her usual ChiBall session
then read “Your best“
Plans are in development for our return to Shrewsbury House.
You may now nominate Reflections as your charity when you buy items on Amazon. Click here for more information. It does not cost you (or the retailer) anything and Reflections will receive 0.5% of what you spend.