- P & G said George Clooney and not for the coffee!
- P has a photo taken with George at Madam Tussauds.
- J said Frank Sinatra and Marilyn Monroe
- M also said Frank Sinatra
- R said Brunel and King Kala
- G saw JFK coming past in a motorcade when he was working in a hardware store in 1963. JFK was wearing a blue suit with sparkles in it. [You can see JFK & G in the picture here] He would also like dinner with Pope Paul the second.
- J2 idol was Robert Mitchum, she sent away for a signed photo of him. She liked all his films.
- C & D both said Nelson Mandela and would ask What it felt like to be free?
- D also sat next to Jack Charlton on a train going up north.
- D2 is not a dinner person but taught Chris Eubank
- A thinks Nelson Mandela is an inspirational person. He has met Wayne Sleep, Michael Ball and Judy Dench when he was working security at the National Theatre.
- J2 went to the toilet at the Orchard Theatre and Judy Dench was in there at the same time.
- J3 met Prunella Scales at the theatres.
- P has Michael Aspel autograph
- J3 saw Acker Bilk at the Barbican.
- G saw Kriss Akabusi when he came to school to do a presentation.
- Mary saw Kenneth Moore at Wembley
- G2 met Linda Lusardi (but his head was cut off in the picture M took)
- G saw met Paul McCartney and Billy Fury.
- J2 met Steve Davis before he was born, as his mother was having him just a few hours before J2 had her daughter. M also had a photo taken with Steve Davis
- D2 met 3 Prime Ministers- James Callaghan Tony Blair and Boris Johnston
- M2 – liked Alan Ladd, but didn’t meet him
- D & J met Jean Alexander on a cruise and the Osmonds at a concert in the US.
As summer has arrived, Gyda had us making butterflies.
Pearl on marriage:
Pearl then had us singing and dancing.
Janet stood-in for Quizmaster Lynne this week:
- What is the name for a group of cats?
- What is special about a Hemingway cat?
- Who was the first cartoon film cat?
Gyda engaged us in more Chi Ball [you can find out a bit more about ChiBall here].
We listed to the group song again: “Three little birds”, as sung by Tony Martin.
We look forward to seeing Tony when we return to Shrewsbury House.
Gyda’s on – The little engine that could:
Another sunny afternoon.
You may now nominate Reflections as your charity when you buy items on Amazon. Click here for more information. It does not cost you (or the retailer) anything and Reflections will receive 0.5% of what you spend.